IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE!
If at any time you do not agree with these Terms or find them otherwise unacceptable, please discontinue use of My Emergent Life immediately.
Understand that by using the Site, any Products, services or applications for which you tender payment or otherwise obtain through the Site, you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and are otherwise legally able to enter into a valid contract.
WHAT WE DO
My Emergent Life is a resource through which you may find information on a range of topics related to living and working from home.
My Emergent Life will only collect and otherwise access information you voluntarily provide via email or through other direct contact initiated by you. My Emergent Life will not sell or otherwise distribute this information any other individual or entity. My Emergent Life is the sole manager of such information collected on the Site. My Emergent Life will use such information to respond to you as necessary.
You grant My Emergent Life a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, publish and translate this personal information solely as necessary to fulfill your request(s) or to enable your use of a particular Product or service, such as for shipping of Products.
Links on the Site may be affiliate links controlled by parties other than My Emergent Life to help support the maintenance of the Site. For example, as an Amazon Associate My Emergent Life earns from qualifying purchases.
My Emergent Life does not assume responsibility for or endorse any contents, products, services or use of any of these affiliates and makes no guarantees as to the quality or content of the same. You acknowledge that you bear all associated risks regarding access to and use of affiliate links and release My Emergent Life from any loss or damage incurred from dealing with such affiliates.
Stock photography may be used on the Site – all images are being used under license through the company providing the stock images.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LICENSE
My Emergent Life owns all intellectual property rights in
- (a) all text, logo, images, headers, trademarks, service marks, design elements, and all other protected elements on the Site (except those licensed from others);
- (b) any Products and portions therefore;
- (c) all things otherwise provided to you as a part of My Emergent Life services, and;
- (d) any other intellectual property rights afforded to My Emergent Life , either through state or federal registration or as otherwise available at common law (“Intellectual Property”).
Except as stated below, My Emergent Life does not grant you any rights to any Intellectual Property contained within the Products or as may be available to you generally through the Site.
You agree not to make unauthorized use of or otherwise infringe upon My Emergent Life’s Intellectual Property in any way, and understand that it is your responsibility to ensure you refrain from doing so.
My Emergent Life will take whatever legal action is necessary to protect its Intellectual Property in the event of such infringement and asks that you carefully manage your use of the Products, and any other downloaded materials or services to ensure compliance with these Terms.
- (1) abide by all copyright protections afforded to the Products, both as formally registered and as otherwise provided by law;
- (2) abide by all trademark protections afforded to the Products, both as formally registered or as otherwise provided by common law;
- (3) do not use the Products or otherwise offer them on any other website, through a networked computer environment, or otherwise offer them for distribution or sale or in any manner inconsistent with Permitted Use as provided by these Terms; and
- (4) do not modify the Products in any way beyond edits and completions necessary to complete template forms and other Products consistent with Permitted Use provided by these Terms. Such permission to modify Products consistent with Permitted Use in no way expands the limited license provided herein, nor does grant you intellectual property ownership in, or provide a general right to modification of, the Products.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to download the Product immediately and securely back up all purchases. My Emergent Life is not liable for any loss or damage to Products that occur after download or any customer’s inadvertent or mistaken download of a Product or free download such customer did not intend to purchase or download, and My Emergent Life not reimburse you for such downloads.
You acknowledge that all Products and materials are non-refundable and not returnable, under any circumstances. All sales are final.
PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. MY EMERGENT LIFE OFFERS NO WARRANTY, EXPLICIT OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY FORMS OR TEMPLATES, THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION, OR ANY RIGHTS OR LICENSES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
OBTAINING MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. MY EMERGENT LIFE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, PRODUCTS OR MATERIALS WILL BE ACCURATE AND RELIABLE IN ALL INSTANCES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, MY EMERGENT LIFE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY GENERAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES AND RELATED EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED AS LAW, TO THE EXTENT THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND AS TO MY EMERGENT LIFE, SUCH RECOVERY IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
GOVERNING LAW; VENUE
These Terms shall be construed in accordance with, and governed in all respects by, the laws of South Africa. Any dispute between the parties concerning this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and/or courts South Africa. My Emergent Life reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time without notice to You. Again, it is your responsibility to review these Terms prior to use and periodically throughout your use of My Emergent Life’s Products, Materials and services.